Liquid Desire offers private overnight charters departing Port Douglas to the spectacular Great Barrier Reef.
All charters are professionally catered for by our onboard chef’s. Liquid Desire is also crewed by myself as skipper and an in water guide / deckhand when needed.
Overnight trips to the Barrier Reef are our speciality and there is no better way to fully experience the reef and the magic of the cruising experience, than sailing aboard your own private catamaran with up to 3 or 4 of your friends and family. Numbers for an overnight trip are ideal for up to 4 passengers total with 3 crew onboard also.
If you wish to add an extra person and it fits in with the sleeping arrangements it can be possible.
- Meals include: Breakfast, Morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, and dinner
- Non alcoholic refreshments, alcoholic beverages are BYO
- Snorkelling equipment including wetsuits / or stinger suits
- Stand up paddle boarding
- Fishing equipment (note: we fish for food but are not fully focused on fishing)
- Reef taxes
There are a couple of great options available for an overnight charter out from Port Douglas.
Liquid Desire departure point is right in the heart of Port Douglas from the Public Pontoon, located on Ashford Avenue. There is plenty of free parking available.
A shuttle bus can be arranged for pick up from Port Douglas, Cairns or anywhere on the Northern Beaches. Best if you arrange this yourself or have your accommodation management/travel agent assist.
The 2023 rate per day is $3900. The 2024 rate per day is $4200.
OPTION 1 - Port Douglas to Lizard island
This is a 6-day trip to Lizard Island …with Hiking and Diving.
Lizard Island which is our premier trip. There is a return delivery fee of $1000 per day for me and the crew to sail the Yacht back to Port Douglas. It takes 2 days for me to return to Port.
Daintree air can provide a private plan out of Lizard Island and back to Cairns. It takes about an hour and is very scenic. You can contact them directly to arrange … talk to Greg, he owns the business. Approx cost are $3000
Here’s a summary of the itinerary:
Day 1: Port Douglas to Hope Island
- Depart from Port Douglas and sail to Hope Island, located 50 nautical miles north of Port Douglas.
- Enjoy the stunning views of the Daintree World Heritage Rainforest as you sail by.
- Spend the afternoon relaxing and enjoying the tropical paradise of Hope Island.
- Activities available include beachcombing, snorkeling, stand-up paddleboarding, and fishing.
- Watch the sunset on the beach and enjoy a cold beverage.
- Overnight stay at Hope Island.
Day 2: Hope Island to Steve’s Bommie
- Sail approximately 28 nautical miles offshore to Steve’s Bommie on the Outer Barrier Reef.
- Troll for Mackerel or Tuna during the sail.
- Steve’s Bommie is a premium location with diverse marine life, including colourful corals, reef sharks, rays, and various fish species.
- Overnight stay at Steve’s Bommie or near the main reef (Ribbon #3).
- Snorkeling, fishing, and additional activities available
Day 3: Ribbon # 3 to Ribbon #9 and # 10
- Sail on the inside of the outer reef, enjoying calm seas and fast broad reaching.
- Fly the spinnaker and trawl for Mackerel or Tuna.
- Experience drift snorkeling between Ribbon #9 and #10, observing spectacular underwater peaks and large schools of fish.
- Lunch served underway, with the option to spend the night on a mooring or anchor in the shallows of Ribbon #10.
- Enjoy a delicious meal cooked by your personal chef and watch the sunset.
Day 4: Ribbon # 10 to Lizard Island
- Sail approximately 20 to 25 nautical miles from Ribbon #10 to Lizard Island.
- Snorkel in the shallows at Ribbon #10 in the morning.
- Optional snorkeling at the famous Cod Hole, where you can swim with potato cod, reef sharks, and red bass.
- Lunch on the mooring before setting sail for Watsons Bay/Lizard Island.
- Arrive at Lizard Island in the afternoon and enjoy the attractions, including walks, beaches, and snorkeling in the clam garden.
Day 5: Enjoying Lizard Island
- Explore Lizard Island’s amazing walks and reefs.
- Highly recommended activities include the walk to Cooks lookout and Coconut Beach.
- Snorkeling is available in the clam garden near the anchorage.
Day 6: Enjoying Lizard Island and return to Cairns
- Spend the day at Mermaid Beach with the yacht, engaging in snorkeling, fishing, and beachcombing.
- Alternatively, visit the research station and take a walk back to the blue lagoon before returning to Watsons Bay.
- Fly out from Lizard Island to Cairns around 4 or 5 pm.
ARRIVAL AND BOARDING:
- We depart at 8am and return at 5pm the following
- Public Pontoon, Ashford Avenue. Next to sugar wharf.
- Meet the crew and get acquainted with the yacht.
- Receive a safety briefing and any necessary instructions.
- Depart from Port Douglas and start sailing out to the reef or Island
- The island takes around 1 hour and the outer reef 2 hours..
- Enjoy the scenic views as the yacht glides through the water.
- Anchor in a sheltered reef / island lagoon and go for a snorkel.
- Enjoy a tasty lunch and enjoy your choice of activity for the afternoon
- Either stay on anchor or find another anchorage depending on weather and your preferences and settle in for the night.
- Enjoy the sun setting over to the west and get rocked to sleep for the night.
- The following day you can enjoy a healthy breakfast then we plan the days activities. Snorkelling , SUP , Sailing , relaxing.
- By mid afternoon we up anchor and sail to next location.
RETURN TO PORT:
- As the sail comes to an end, head back to the departure point in Port Douglas.
- Disembark from the yacht, bidding farewell to the crew.