Liquid Desire offers private overnight charters departing Port Douglas to the spectacular Great Barrier Reef.
All charters are professionally catered for by our onboard chef’s. Liquid Desire is also crewed by myself as skipper and an in water guide / deckhand when needed.
Day trips to the Barrier Reef are our speciality and there is no better way to fully experience the reef and the magic of the cruising experience, than sailing aboard your own private catamaran with up to 3 or 4 of your friends and family. Numbers for an overnight trip are ideal for up to 4 passengers total with 3 crew onboard also.
If you wish to add an extra person and it fits in with the sleeping arrangements it can be possible.
- Meals include: Breakfast, Morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, and dinner (depending on charter)
- Non alcoholic refreshments, alcoholic beverages are BYO
- Snorkelling equipment including wetsuits / or stinger suits
- Stand up paddle boarding
- Fishing equipment (note: we fish for food but are not fully focused on fishing)
- Reef taxes
There are a couple of great options available for an overnight charter out from Port Douglas.
Liquid Desire departure point is right in the heart of Port Douglas from the Public Pontoon, located on Ashford Avenue. There is plenty of free parking available.
A shuttle bus can be arranged for pick up from Port Douglas, Cairns or anywhere on the Northern Beaches. Best if you arrange this yourself or have your accommodation management/travel agent assist.
The 2023 rate per day is $3900
OPTION 1 - Port Douglas to Lizard island
This is a 7-day trip to Lizard Island …with Hiking and Diving.
Lizard Island which is our premier trip. There is a return delivery fee of $1000 per day for me and the crew to sail the Yacht back to Port Douglas. It takes 2 days for me to return to Port.
Daintree air can provide a private plan out of Lizard Island and back to Cairns. It takes about an hour and is very scenic. You can contact them directly to arrange … talk to Greg, he owns the business. Approx cost are $3000
Here’s a summary of the itinerary:
Day 1: Port Douglas to Hope Island
- Sail approximately 50 nautical miles north of Port Douglas to Hope Island.
- Enjoy the tropical paradise, with coconut trees, a fringing reef, white sand, and various bird species.
- Activities include beachcombing, snorkeling, stand-up paddleboarding, fishing, and watching the sunset.
Day 2: Hope Island to Steve’s Bommie
- Sail about 28 nautical miles offshore to Steve’s Bommie, a premium location on the Outer Barrier Reef.
- Expect to see over 400 species of colorful coral, reef sharks, rays, large fish, clownfish, and occasional turtles.
- Overnight on the bommie or move closer to the main reef for additional snorkeling, diving, and fishing.
Day 3: Ribbon # 3 to Ribbon #9 and # 10
- Sail along the inside of the outer reef, experiencing relatively calm seas and fast broad-reaching.
- Enjoy drift snorkeling or diving in the area, with spectacular underwater peaks and schools of fish.
- Have lunch underway and spend the night on a mooring or anchor in the shallows of Ribbon #10.
Day 4: Ribbon # 10 to Lizard Island with a possible side trip to the Cod Hole
- Sail approximately 20 to 25 nautical miles from Ribbon #10 to Lizard Island.
- Snorkel the shallows at Ribbon #10 before departing and consider snorkeling at the Cod Hole.
- Arrive at Watsons Bay/Lizard Island in the afternoon.
Day 5: Enjoying Lizard Island
- Explore the island, take walks to Cook’s lookout or Coconut Beach, and enjoy snorkeling in the clam garden.
Day 6: Enjoying Lizard Island, with various options
- Choose from options like a dive at the Cod Hole, a trip to Eagle Island, other hikes on Lizard Island, or relaxing on Mermaid Beach.
Day 7: Enjoying Lizard Island and fly out to Cairns
- Spend the day at Mermaid Beach or explore the research station and the blue lagoon.
- Fly out to Cairns in the afternoon or evening.
Throughout the trip, Liquid Desire offers activities such as snorkeling, diving, stand-up paddleboarding, fishing, and spearfishing. The crew will provide breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, and dinner. Non-alcoholic refreshments are included, and you can bring your own alcoholic beverages. Snorkeling equipment, including wetsuits or stinger suits, stand-up paddleboards, and fishing equipment, will be provided. Reef taxes are also included.
ARRIVAL AND BOARDING:
- We depart at 8am and return at 5pm the following
- Public Pontoon, Ashford Avenue. Next to sugar wharf.
- Meet the crew and get acquainted with the yacht.
- Receive a safety briefing and any necessary instructions.
- Depart from Port Douglas and start sailing along the coastline.
- Enjoy the scenic views as the yacht glides through the water.
- Take in the beauty of the surrounding landscapes and the changing colors of the sky.
RETURN TO PORT:
- As the sail comes to an end, head back to the departure point in Port Douglas.
- Disembark from the yacht, bidding farewell to the crew.